Friday, April 29, 2011

Staying Afloat

I stumbled upon these pictures when I was searching for underwater photography. Nude photography usually is not my favorite style of photography. I just find that there is a VERY fine line between artistic and lurid and bawdy.

But I must say, these eerie, ethereal, haunting shots from Neil Craver really moved me. There is something really intriguing about how he captured all the possible emotions that can come from us being in water. The women in the pictures could be floating weightlessly in a peaceful bliss, or they could be drowning helpless. Craver captures this fine line beautifully.

I feel weightless and at peace when I look at these pictures, almost as if all my troubles have drifted away and I'm floating in reverie.





No comments:

Post a Comment