Sunday, June 26, 2011

Beach Baby

This is a photo shoot that I am really, really loving at the moment. I realize now as I'm posting this that it has many similarities to the shoot I posted a few days ago...I guess I have a thing for girls with jagged, neon bobs :)

The thing I love about this shoot is how incongruous it is, and yet how harmonious it all is. At first, you might look at these pictures and think, "Ok...crazy pink hair and random dress and heels at the beach." But keep looking. Each one of the dresses reminds me of some aspect of the beach. And I feel like her hair is the perfect modern, edgy touch to this shoot. It also reminds me of a gorgeous sunset at the beach.

This is my favorite shot from this shoot. Her dress seriously looks like waves in the ocean. I love how the dress compliments the blues and whites in the sky and the ocean. It's really beautiful how it is billowing up, too. It really makes it appear like a cloud or a wave.

The fullness of this light, cotton dress mimics the waves crashing on the rocks.

Ah, I love this shot. It looks like her dress could be part of the rocks she's standing on. Gorgeous.

This dress reminds me of what the ocean looks like when the lights is dancing over it at sunset. She kind of reminds me of a clubbing mermaid here :)


This dress is AMAZING. What amazing movement. It looks like she just swirled up out of the sand.

This is what a beach goddess looks like :)


This has really got me wanting to style a beach photo shoot of my own. I'm wracking my brain, trying to figure out what look I want to go for and how to make it original and not, "We're taking pictures at the beach."

All I know is that I feel like this shoot hit the nail right on the head. Muah!





No comments:

Post a Comment