Saturday, March 19, 2011

NO.

My retinas were recently violated beyond comprehension and almost permanently scarred when I was subjected to THIS:


Meet the OnePiece. I know, I didn't want to meet it either. But Nylon forced it upon me.

This preposterous fashion atrocity was born after three friends sewed a sweatshirt and sweatpants together in a drunken stupor (big shock).

I've got no problem with people wearing this...thing in the comfort of their own home. Whatever you do in your home, no matter how ugly it is, is your beeswax. But this company is now marketing these are UPSCALE outerwear. Ok, outwear in itself is a stretch. But UPSCALE outerwear? Come on.

Personally, I feel that if you are SO lazy that you can't manage to put on a sweatshirt AND sweatpants separately, there is something wrong with you.

I guess I'm just old fashioned when it comes to fashion. I always try to look nice (or at least presentable) when I go out in public, even if I'm just going to pick up some butter, TP and cereal from the store (that is my actual grocery list at the moment).

"Hey, let's get a bunch of attractive, young snowboarders to wear our onesies! That makes them cool...right?"

"No, no, I got it. We'll have a dude wearing one holding a boombox. Holding a gigantic boombox automatically makes you a badass...right?"

Sorry, OnePiece. But that's a no to both of the above questions. Nothing you do will ever change the fact that your creation looks like the mutant love child of a sweatshirt, sweatpants, a snuggie and a mascot costume.

The End

1 comment:

  1. All I could do was LOL the whole time while reading your post. You know what the one piece reminds me of? The all over pajama's where even your feet are covered..lol

    I honestly don't see what is so great about them, and like you said you have to be really lazy to not want to put on a separate pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

    Maybe they should have a One Piece slumber party!

    Any whoo great blog<3

    http://fashionfyoozdculture.blogspot.com

    p.s. got your blog site from the Sacramento bloggers page:)

    ReplyDelete