Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Girl Power

Today is the 100th Anniversary of International Women's Day! :D Now I'm not some crazy zealous feminist, but I do love me some strong, accomplished women. I consider myself very strong willed and I plan on accomplishing a LOT in my lifetime, so I always like to see inspirational women succeeding in different fields.

I'm putting up some pictures of some women who have inspired me and some of their quotes.



"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

"I'm not stacked like Sophia Lauren or Gina Lollobrigida, but I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness."

Audrey Hepburn

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself."

"Never do things others can do and will do if there are things others cannot do or will not do."

Amelia Earhart


Susan B. Anthony: Her steadfast and passionate involvement in the fight for women's rights made her one of the most important women in the women's rights movement. Thank you!

Rosie the Riveter: Although you were just a fictional character based on a factory worker, you served to inspire women during WWII and welcomed in a new era of strong, independent American women.

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."--Eleanor Roosevelt

My grandma was actually lucky enough to not only meet but have an actual conversation with Eleanor Roosevelt when she was a flight attendant in the 40's. I am SO jealous of her for that.

"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous."

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different."

Coco Chanel

"I want you to be concerned about your next door neighbor. Do you know your next door neighbor?"

"Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go."

"One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody."

"Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier."

Mother Teresa


"Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong." --Ella Fitzgerald

"I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line." --Lucille Ball


“Women dress alike all over the world: they dress to be annoying to other women” --Elsa Schiaparelli


“All creatures must learn to coexist. That’s why the brown bear and the field mouse can share their lives in harmony. Or course, they can’t mate or the mice would explode.” --Betty White


“You can have anything you want in life if you dress for it.”

"Your dresses should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady."

Edith Head


"In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." Mr. Darcy Pride and Prejudice

4 comments:

  1. HEY!!!!!!!!!! WHERE'S LADY GAGA??!?!?!!??!? THIS IS LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahmazing post, Skybaby!!!! Coco is my goddess divine. Honestly, she spoke such words of wisdom. I love you and all of you're fantastic posts!!!! Gah! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really,really nice post, babe! It does a mother's heart good to see an amazing group of women such as these listed as your daughter's inspirations. I love you and am sooo proud of the beautiful AND strong woman you are!

    ReplyDelete