Saturday, May 28, 2011

2 For 1 Special

I absolutely love this photo shoot. Ever since I saw it, I've wanted to do a photo shoot in a grocery store. I have a great outfit for it, just need the accessories. But stayed tuned. Hopefully I'll be able to do it soon.

The thing that I love the most about this photo shoot is the contrast between something so classy and glamorous with something as mundane and humdrum as a grocery store. Seeing something so fancy in such a commonplace setting makes the commonplace setting seem totally ridiculous. And it makes the fancy outfit seem so fancy that it's almost ridiculous. I just love it.

I think it's also interesting and somewhat funny to see high fashion pieces in ordinary settings instead of the usual grandiose settings they're shot in. It's almost like jesting and poking fun at the world of high fashion, but also at the ordinary world, too...I feel like I'm not making any sense haha.

Basically, I love that by having high fashion pieces shot in commonplace settings, it makes them seem both fancier and more ordinary.

Hope you enjoy the spread :)











No comments:

Post a Comment