Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chocolate Walnut Tort (YUMMMM)


Something that you should know about me is that I have a CRAZY sweet tooth. Not only that, I also have a CRAZY passion for baking delicious treats. For Super Bowl Sunday, I baked one of my favorite desserts: Chocolate Walnut Tort ^^ (It doesn't look too pretty, mostly because of my awful cutting job. But believe me, your mouth will not care). It has chocolate in it...so...needless to say, it's delicious.

Ingredients:

Layer 1: 1/2 finely chopped walnuts
1 cube butter (Make sure it's about the consistency of shortening)
1 cup flour

Layer 2: 1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 large container (not the JUMBO one, but the one before that) Cool Whip
1 cup powdered sugar

Layer 3: 1 package of chocolate pudding (follow directions on box)

Layer 4: 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
Sugar (add to taste)


Instructions:

Layer 1: Cut butter and walnuts into the flour. I chop the butter up and kind of kneed it all together by pressing it with a fork. Then you're going to gather it up into a ball and press it onto the bottom of a buttered casserole pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes and then let cool. While it's cooling, you can start on the other three delicious layers!

Layer 2: Blend together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and Cool Whip until totally blended.

Layer 3: Make the chocolate pudding according to the directions on the box (and try not to eat half of it like I do usually :D )

Layer 4: Beat the heavy whipping cream with an egg beater until you start to see it thicken up. Then gradually start adding sugar (in the end, you'll probably end up adding about 2 tablespoons. I just keep adding until it's the right amount of sweetness). You have to be careful not to OVER whip the cream. It definitely takes practice.

Once your crust has cooled add all the layers (with the whipped cream being the last layer on top). Finally, sprinkle more chopped walnuts on top.

Then, enjoy!

I hope you enjoy this dessert as much as I do. I love it because it's fairly simple to make and not too expensive, but sooo delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment