Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Red Carpet

Well, the red carpet that we've all been waiting for finally came!! The 2011 Oscars came and went, leaving me in a red carpet fashion whirlwind. I didn't actually get to watch the Oscars (which maybe was a good thing, considering all the bad things I heard about it), but you best believe I was all over the gowns on the red carpet.


Mila Kunis was hands down my favorite of the night. I mean in Elie Saab, it's kind of impossible to look bad. This dress was one of my favorites from his Spring couture collection and it looks fabulous on Mila. She styled it perfectly and just looked stunning.

Hilary Swank rocked this beaded/feathered Gucci gown. I LOVED this.

The Best Actress winner looked gorgeous in this purple Rodarte gown. So simple. So fabulous.

Nicole Kidman wore a stunning white Dior haute couture gown and Gweneth wore a sleek, shimmery Calvin Klein gown. I love how effortless Gweneth looks. She is always so simple and clean, but always stunning.

I loved Sandra Bullock's Vera Wang gown. This red looks fabulous on her.

The adorable Hailee Steinfeld looked DARLING in this custom Marchesa princess cocktail gown. I loved the length on her, the color, the silhouette, everything. I think it was perfect for the young starlet.

Halle Berry was dazzling in this golden Marchesa gown.

The ever classy Helen Miren was positively stunning in this Vivienne Westwood gown. I love that she stayed true to her English heritage by wearing Westwood.

This dress was getting a lot of mixed reviews. But I LOVED this dress, along with all the others, in Givenchy's Spring collection and I only loved it more on Kate. Kate is a fashion dare devil. And if anyone could pull this very unique gown off, it's her.

Ann opted for a beautiful vintage Valentino gown (how could you go wrong?) and posed with my fashion idol on the red carpet.

Mandy Moore sparkled in this Monique Lhullier gown. I LOVE this dress. It is sexy and enchanting and alluring and magical. It seriously looks like pixies just sprinkled pixie dust onto her body and it just happened to cover her just so.

Reese Witherspoon was fabulously mod in this Georgio Armani gown.

Michelle Williams, staying true to her vintage roots, wore this beaded column gown by Chanel. I thought it looked great on her, especially with her haircut.

Amy Adams also wore a column dress. I liked this cobalt blue L'Wren Scott gown, but I wasn't amazed by it. I kind of wished Amy would have worn more of a show stopper. But this one was pretty good. Blue always looks fabulous on her.

I am still not sure how I feel about Scarlett's gown...I like the silhouette. The color is...eh. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I want to avert my eyes as quickly as possible. I think the thing I don't like is the print on the fabric. It looks like daisies. Daisies and lace don't mix. Daisies aren't sexy. I think if it was a different pattern, with a different color, this dress could be fabulous.

Now on to the rest of Anne's many looks. This metallic/futuristic Armani Prive couture gown was AWESOME. I loved this dress on the runway and I love it here on Anne. I really want to know what fabric it is because it's seriously insanely cool.

This Valentino gown was stunning. The woven details on the bodice are beautiful.

Anne went modtacular in this 70's inspired Oscar de la Renta gown that I LOVED. All I had to hear was "fringe" and I loved it. It was all over once she shook that beaded fringe around.

This corseted, black Vivienne Westwood gown was a nice contrast to the other dresses.

This Givenchy gown was so classy. I loved all the bodice detailing on it.

This Tom Ford gown was my least favorite, but I still like it. It's very old school Hollywood to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment