Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Black Keys



The Black Key's "Brothers" came out at the perfect time in my life. I was just getting into oldies and more blues and rock (thanks to my dad) when I stumbled upon their album on Pandora.

At first, I was certain it was classic rock or some oldie I had never heard before. But then I discovered it was just the genius of Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney. It is so refreshing to see a band like the Black Keys with such a unique, raw sound. I know a lot of hipsters don't like them and think they're copy cats or whatever. But I don't. I love that they are bringing that sound back and reinventing it. It's such a great album to listen to and a nice escape from mainstream music.

"Everlasting Light" is my favorite song from Brothers. Some of my other favorites are "Tighten Up", "Next Girl" and "Howlin' For You".

No comments:

Post a Comment