Monday, January 31, 2011

Hurray for Pretty Dresses!

Huzzah!!! The SAG Awards came around and oh so nicely gave me a new parade of gorgeous evening gowns to drool over! White, nude and peach tones seemed to definitely be the trend, but there were a few pops of color.

Here are my favorite gowns of the evening:

Once again, January Jones is my favorite. She seriously just cannot go wrong. I'm pretty damn sure even if she just wore a tarp draped over her, I'd still vote her as best dressed. This Carolina Herrera gown is spectacular, but even more so on her. It's a big contrast from her daringly revealing dress at the Golden Globes. It's modest and reserved, but still SO sexy with the gilded lace detailing. She looked absolutely stunning.

Nicole Kidman was definitely a tie for my favorite. This Nina Ricci dress is amazing. The back is the best part, though. It's so innocent looking with the lace and ruffles and the bow on the back, but it's still very sexy. It is the perfect balance of sweet and sexy and sophisticated. She looked gorgeous and so adorable with her hubby.


My favorite siren, Christina Hendrix, was rockin' it in this L'Wren Scott gown. The robe-like dress did wonders for her curvatious bod. And her fiery hair was the perfect accessory.

I LOVED Jayma May's Jenny Packham gown. I don't know what I love about it the most: The embellished draped sleeve, the beautiful asymmetrical cut above her leg, the soft peach color or how lovely the dress flows. It is a really gorgeous gown.

Eva was a total bombshell in this Georges Hobeika gown. She totally knows how to dress her petite body. This simple, white gown showed off her adorable figure and she looked amazing.

Annette Bening's jeweled Tony Ward dress was unbelievable. Seriously, I totally fell in love with it. It is SO elegant and beautiful and classy. I love everything about it.

Amy Adams looked ravishingly sleek and clean in this Herve Leroux gown. It is simple, but with a lot of intricate detailing. I really liked it.

Mama to me, Natalie Portman, looked dazzling in her Azzaro gown. Also a simple, white gown, but beautifully minimal. And it showed off her growing bump so nicely.

I'm not a big fan of Kim Kardashian at all, but I must admit, she looked gorgeous in this Marchesa gown. The color is SO beautiful and I love all the embellishing.

Aye aye aye!! Sofia Vergara was MUY CALIENTE in this colbalt Roberto Cavalli gown. Seriously, I can't get over how rockin' her Spanish bod is. She is zesty to the max.

Heather Morris was glowing in this delicate Romona Keveza gown.

Hilary Swank looked gorgeous in this Versace gown. I loved the cut of it.

I really liked Mila in this Alexander McQueen dress. I thought it went so well with her exotic kind of beauty.

I really loved Winona Ryder's Alberta Ferretti dress. I know it kind of borders on bridal...but I think it's couture enough to work on the red carpet. Plus, she paired it with black accessories, which took it away from fairy bridal.

Tina was rocking this ruby Oscar de la Renta floral gown.

Lea Michele was stunning in a glitzy, deep V gown by Oscar de la Renta. So simple, but so awesome.

I adored Rosario Dawson's J. Mendel cream gown. I really loved the layers of the skirt that let her leg pop out ever so sexily.

Claire Danes was simple and stunning in this floral Louis Vuitton gown.

I though Kate Mara's dress was really awesome. It was totally unique and the construction really intrigued me.

No comments:

Post a Comment