Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jonsi



When I heard that Jonsi (lead singer and main mastermind behind Sigur Ros) was coming out with a solo album, I flipped out. And rightly so. "Go" is one of the most spiritual albums I have ever listened to. Jonsi's ethereal and magical melodies and strains flow through your body and awaken you body and soul.

"Go Do" is my favorite song from the album. Not to mention, the music video for the song is unbelievable. I tried posting it, but Youtube oh so rudely put the kabosh on that. I really recommend watching it. "Go Do" reminds me of that exhilarating feeling of being truly in love and being intimate with someone. Similarly, "Around Us" and "Boy Lilikoi" seem to pump love and joy throughout you and lift you up to heights that you never knew were possible before they ease you back down gently.

"Tornado" and "Grow Til Tall" are soft but strong accents to the other more exciting tracks. They are truly moving, as is the whole album.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you posted all this music, it has reminded why I love certain bands and given me a reason to check out new ones!!! They're all great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! That makes me so happy, Cynth! I'm really happy you like them! :)

    ReplyDelete