Monday, January 10, 2011

Fringe With Benefits

It's official. My obsession with fringe has reached a new high. For the longest time, I thought fringe was only for cowboys and awful leather jackets from the 80's. But after I saw these dresses by the unbelievably talented Madeleine Vionnet, I respectfully changed my views.


Not long after I discovered these dresses, I started delving into the tomes of fashion to discover MORE fabulous implications of fringe. Soon, I was in fringe heaven. Alberta Ferretti Spring 2009. My jaw almost ripped off. Granted, my obsession with the 1920's and flappers greatly influenced my love of this collection, but the fringe had an equally significant role.

The Italian designer said, "One of the reasons why I chose fringe most importantly is that when a woman puts it on, it moves according to her movements, according to her moods, according to the poses that she takes and the attitude that she has."

I can't agree with her more. It is one of the main reasons why I love fringe so much and why I plan on incorporating it into my designs from now on.















I found this picture in an old Vogue photo shoot. Pretty stunning, if you ask me.

Alexander McQueen

But now it seems that fringe is making a momentous comeback!! Needless to say, I am thrilled beyond belief.

Gucci Spring 2011 RTW
I seriously wish I could touch this dress. The intricacy is incredible.



Louis Vuitton Spring 2011 RTW







Versace Spring 2011 RTW

These dresses are...where do I even begin? They are modern and edgy while still maintaining that air of vintage elegance. They are sexy without being too revealing. They are just perfect. The other great thing about fringe is how sexy it is. It's sexy because it is a tease. What is exposed one second will be covered up in another second. It is graceful and alluring and entrancing.

All hail the fringe!!

1 comment:

  1. This has been my favorite post so far!!! Be still my racing heart. Holy bells and whistles - how breathtakingly stunning fringe is, new or old!!
    I forgot about the 2009 Alberta Ferretti collection. I had been obsessed with that one back then! And that old Vogue photo shoot dress...my soul cries to possess it.
    I LOVE FRINGE!!!!!!!!!! (and not the TV show)

    ReplyDelete