Friday, January 14, 2011

Pixie Love


I must admit that I never got in to the Harry Potter psycho fan craze and I have only seen like two and a quarter of the movies. I think the last one was like Harry Potter and the Bottomless Pit of Despair or something like that. But I have always had a soft spot for Emma Watson. Maybe it's her adorable button nose or her dainty British accent or maybe it is something indistinguishable about her. But I have always really liked her.
So when this month's issue of Marie Claire came out and I saw a little pixie child on the cover....OH MY GOD IT'S EMMA WATSON!!! :O I was wonderfully shocked and delighted--even more so when I read her article.


First let me talk about the hair. It takes a LOT of guts to chop off all your hair. I know because I did it. Although, I feel with me it was more a lack of brains than a profusion of guts. Emma said that she cut it as a symbol for an end of an era (the Harry Potter era, if you didn't catch that). I can totally relate to her on that level. Sometimes doing something drastic, whether it be sheering your locks, dying your hair, splurging on those pair of designer heels you've had your eye on or just wearing something totally out of your style comfort zone, it can be a spiritual process and very symbolic. One things for sure, ain't nobody gonna be calling her Hermione with THIS do.

She said it's something she's wanted to do for a very long time, but couldn't because of Harry Potter. I think that she looks absolutely stunning. She can definitely be added to the list of famous ladies who have rocked the pixie do such as: Audrey Hepburn, Mia Farrow, Edie Sedgwick and more recently Natale Portman and Carrie Mulligan

In this article I also found out that Emma is the highest earning woman in Hollywood (don't make fun of me if this is extremely common knowledge. I don't follow these things). I seriously couldn't believe it. I mean it really doesn't make sense to me, but it is so. Maybe I don't believe it because it's HER--that innocent, humble, sweet, NORMAL girl. I'm picturing like Angelina Jolie or someone like that.

But nay, it is Emma Watson. I respect her so incredibly much for the grace and humilty with which she carries her fame. She really strives to live a normal life, attending Univeristy like the rest of us normal young adults. She realizes there is more to life than fame and money. If only more celebrities realized that.







I really can't wait to see what Emma does next. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be wonderful, just like her.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, I love Emma Watson so much. I actually bought this magazine just to read that article. So good. And I'm a HUGE HP fan (mostly of the books, but I love the movies too... ;)) Can't wait to see what she does next either! Though I am excited to see her in My Week With Marilyn! :)

    ReplyDelete